Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lao Beerlao Lager

Lao Brewing Co.  Vientaine, Laos


Notes:
Light Lager
12oz Bottle
4.9% ABV


Appearance:  Golden and fairly transparent…head is basically white and doesn’t last long…there is definitely some sediment floating about on the inside…(2.5/5)

Smell:  Grassy and grainy…very wheaty…there is a skunkiness to it…(2.5/5)

Taste:  Grainy and bitter initially…it’s a fuller lager with bready malts dominating…some grassy hops help balance the malt but it’s malty…reminds me of a european style lager… mild bitter aftertaste…(3/5)

Mouthfeel:  Light carbonation does bring the grassy notes…it’s pretty balanced so it’s not overly malty nor is there much bitter hops flavor…light and crisp…there is a bit of bitter/skunk aftertaste, but that’s expected for this beer…(3/5)

Overall:  While this is definitely not my normal choice of beer style, it’s not bad…it’s crisp and flavorful without lingering or dominating my palette…I would drink this beer with some guacamole and chips around a poker table…like I said, not my normal style, but for a lager, it’s good…(3/5)

Score:

(2.83/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment