Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Holland Ichabod

New Holland Brewing Co.  New Holland, MI

Notes:
Pumpkin Ale
12oz Bottle
5.2% ABV
12.5 Plato


Appearance:  Classic amber color…head is finger thick and an off white color…tons of great bubbles…(3/5)

Smell:  Cinnamon and nutmeg dominant (no surprise), with nice pumpkin overtones…it’s not “buttery”, just straight forward cinnamon and nutmeg…(2.5/5)

Taste:  I taste the pumpkin and the cinnamon and the nutmeg, but it’s real malty…almost too malty…the flavor is there, but it doesn’t last long, fading away to a basic malt flavor…(2.25/5)

Mouthfeel:  Fluffy entry, but not overly flavorful…the carbonation does disappear rather quick leaving a medium malt coat along my tongue…no real bitter after taste at all...(2.25/5)

Overall:  I don’t normally stray into the pumpkin beer category, but since it’s the season, I thought I would…it’s taste kinda like an average beer with a bit of flavoring to make it a “special” beer, but it doesn’t remind me of anything too special…I’d probably get another pumpkin ale, just not this one…(2.5/5)

Score:

(2.42/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment