Monday, December 3, 2012

Two Brothers Heavier Hand I.P.A.


Two Brothers Brewing Co.   Warrenville, IL

Notes:
American Imperial I.P.A.
8.1% ABV
84.3 IBU
22oz


Appearance:  Pours a nice, transparent orange/brown…mother of pearl head that is full of tiny bubbles about an inch thick…not long lasting though…(3.75/5)

Smell:  Lovely hops aroma…piney, citrusy (orange or grapefruit maybe), sweet, a bit of caramel…cascade hops are apparent in this one…very nice, delectable smell…(4.5/5)

Taste:  Hoppy right off the back…Piney, woodsy hop flavor right off the bat and long lasting…citrus hops does add some nice notes as does the sweeter malt…for all the hops there isn’t too much bitterness…I do taste the stronger alcohol content in this one…it’s relatively light (and crisp when it’s coldest) for a strong IPA…(4.25/5)

Mouthfeel:  Medium body with medium carbonation…hops tingles the outside of my tongue while the malts flavor the inside…not overly bitter and finishes relatively smooth…(4/5)

Overall:  A very drinkable beer…IPA’s are my favorite and two brothers is a favorite brewery of mine, so this is a match made in heaven…a strong IPA, it’s flavor isn’t too unique or outrageous, but it works well and I’d considered this a success…the oak age doesn’t dominate the other flavors as I’ve seen in the past and I appreciate that…it does provide a complementary bit of earthy, woodiness to the brew…overall, I like it a bunch and would recommend it to anyone hanging out watching a bit of football on a Saturday afternoon…(4.25/5)

Score:

(4.19/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment