Friday, January 25, 2013

Finch's Threadless I.P.A.

 Finch's Beer Co.   Chicago, IL

This was a blind taste test set up for me by my lovely girlfriend…

Appearance:  Pours a deep golden orange, somewhat hazy and opaque…no real head formed upon pouring, but when I swirl it around a bit, it does liven up…(3.5/5)

Smell:  Oranges! Tons of citrus hops – orange, mandarin, tangerine…mild pale and caramel malt aroma…this one is citrus hops dominant with a nice freshness to it…(3.75/5)

Taste:  Wow, this is really good…tons of citrus/earthy hops upfront followed closely by caramel and pale malts that play a background role here…there’s tons of earthy/piney/citrus resin syrupy bitterness that really livens up the brew and separates this flavor from others in the category…I don’t mean unique, just better than most…(3.75/5)

Mouthfeel:  Medium, chewy body with medium carbonation…does fluff up nicely bringing earthy/piney resin to my palate…there is an overall earthy/wet grass bitterness in the after taste, but it’s mild…citrus bitterness lingers even beyond, but it’s really light…(4/5)

Overall:  This is a good brew…the india pale ale community is full of these citrus hops and caramel/pale malts recipes and this is a better example of what works…it’s not unique just a solid brew that’s worthy of cracking open at a moments notice…I could happily drink a couple of these while watching some Monday Night Football or socializing with friends around a poker table…I’m interested to see what it is…(3.75/5)

And the winner is:

Finch’s Beer Co. Threadless I.P.A.

I’ve not had this one, it’s good, flavorful and drinkable…recommended for your consumption…


Notes:
I.P.A.
16oz Can
6.0% ABV

Score:
(3.77/5)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment