Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Holland Oak Aged Hatter

New Holland Brewing Co.  New Holland, MI

Notes:
16oz Bottle
I.P.A.
7.1% ABV


Appearance:  Awesome orange hue, a classic fall color…nice pour makes finger width head, but that fades quick…some bubbles…(3/5)

Smell:  Can really smell the oak age, almost has a bourbon smell…the caramel stands out, but certainly not a pungent beer…(2.75/5)

Taste:  Awesome initial taste in the mouth…the oak aged flavor is radiant but not overpowering…the hops are soft but noticeable…for me, it’s kinda like a fluffy cloud passing over my tongue…definitely some caramel and pine after tones…very drinkable…(3.75/5)

Mouthfeel:  Medium body with little carbonation…not real noticeable in the mouth, I mean, other than the tremendous flavor…(3/5)

Overall:  I like this beer…it has the bourbon stout, oak aged flavor, but it’s got hoppy undertones and drinkability that I love…I don’t know if I could drink a bunch of these, but one of these tall boys will do me just fine…I would recommend it to anyone who likes bourbon, oak aged brews…(3.25/5)

Score:


(3.22/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment