Monday, March 25, 2013

O'so Lupulin Maximus Imperial Pale Ale

O'so Brewing Co.   Plover, WI

Notes:
Imperial Pale Ale
12oz Bottle
9.0% ABV


Appearance:  Pours a hazy caramel brown with a touch of golden orange…a thin layer of off white head did form and remains…could be more…(3.5/5)

Smell:  Tons of bitterness…strong dank, woodsy, piney hops aroma…this thing is very much a hops driven wagon…caramel, pale malt balance out things a bit with some nice sweetness and borderline creaminess…a very strong, almost intoxicating hops explosion…(4.25/5)

Taste:  Whoa, this is heavy handed with hops!  Tons of fresh woodsy/dank/earthy hops up front…it’s not overly bitter, just strong (and powerful) with hops flavor…bitterness does come in after I swallow, but again, not as strong as I would expect with all this hops flavor…there is a noticeable sweet, pale, caramel presence that rounds out the overall flavor and sweetens this runaway hops freight train…robust, rich, mildly creamy and flavorful…Yum! (4.25/5)

Moutfeel:  Medium to full body with tons of carbonation…fluffs up bringing woodsy/dank hops flavor and slight bitterness to the palate…it’s got a bite to it that touches the outside of my tongue and a heavy hops feel on the back of my tongue…chewy, mildly creamy and somewhat smooth for such a strong brew…(4.25/5)

Overall:  This is a wonderful brew…I’ve been delving deep into the imperial india pale ales lately and this one is stands out in strength and flavor categories…it doesn’t rely on any of the citrus or floral fluff to stand on, it’s straight up robust earthy/dank hops hitting the palate…a true palate wrecker…one thing I loved about this beer is that there was a hop cone in the bottle! I’ve never seen that done before…it was floating at the top of the bottle when I bought it, a sign of freshness I presume…I have to admit, I was excited to try this brew and it hasn’t disappointed…if I see this again, I will definitely buy it again…(4.5/5)

Score:
(4.19/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment