Saturday, December 22, 2012

Flying Dog Wildeman Farmhouse I.P.A.

Flying Dog Brewery   Fredrick, MD

Notes:
Farmhouse I.P.A.
12oz Bottle
7.5% ABV


Appearance:  Pours a nice golden orange…popped open and formed tons of just off-white head that did final settle down into normal, finger width thickness…beer legs all over the glass…(3.75/5)

Smell:  Light, floral, and a bit citrusy…some yeast aroma…some clove aroma…(2.75/5)

Taste:  Bready malt covered in floral, citrus and piney hops…tons of floral tones throughout and into the finish…there is a bit of flowery bitterness in the after taste…a bit alcoholly that does set the flavor off a bit and doesn’t balance well with the floral…(2/5)

Mouthfeel:  Medium bodied, tons of carbonation…clean and crisp flavor with some floral bitterness in the after taste…(3.5/5)

Overall:  This is my least favorite farmhouse ale that I’ve had…the floral hops don’t settle well with the higher ABV in this brew and for me produces a flowery antiseptic taste that lingers on my palette… it’s too bitter for a Belgian and not hoppy enough for an IPA…the spices are a bit overdone…it’s certainly drinkable, but nothing that is overwhelming or something I would get again...(2/5)

Score:


(2.71/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment