Friday, December 28, 2012

Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale

 Bridgeport Brewing Co.   Portland, OR

Notes:
Christmas/Winter Seasonal
12oz Bottle
6.4% ABV


Appearance:  Pours a nice deep, dark auburn…some head formed but only really a thin layer stuck around…definitely some sediment floating about…tons of bubbles bubbling about inside…(3/5)

Smell:  Not much going on here initially…I smell some alcohol heat mixed with holiday spice way, way in the background, but I’m gonna have to wait a bit and see if more shows up as it warms…15 minutes later, there’s still no improvement, it basically has a bland malt smell…(2/5)

Taste:  Classic amber malt flavor in front…transitioning with some holiday spice, very mild though, but still the basic amber ale taste…the finish has a sour, bitterness…(2.5/5)

Mouthfeel:  Light to medium body…lots of carbonation, more than I would expect from the look…smooth, wet and fluffy with a surprising dryness in the after taste…definitely the best part of this beer…(4/5)

Overall:  This isn’t my favorite brew…maybe one of my least favorites I’ve had in a while…it’s really bland, the smell and taste leave a lot to be desired…the name suggests that it’s a holiday seasonal, but the lack of any real spice in the aroma or flavor is confusing…it sets me up for something that I’m not getting…even beyond that, the beer itself isn’t all that good…humbug…(2.5/5)

Score:

 (2.78/5) 

No comments:

Post a Comment