Sunday, March 17, 2013

Schlafly T IPA

Saint Louis Brewery   St. Louis, MO

Notes:
Tasmanian Style IPA
12oz Bottle
7.2% ABV


Appearance:  Pours a golden yellow color…about a finger width, white head formed and lasted…hazy and not overly transparent…livens up nicely when I swirl it around…(4/5)

Smell:  Tons of pineapple and grapefruit emanating from the glass as soon as I poured it…light and zesty…orange, tangerine and tropical fruits also very apparent…mildly sweet, there is some grassy and biscuity notes balancing things out…mildly floral, but nothing too powerful, this is a citrus hops dominant IPA…(4/5)

Taste:  Orange, pineapple, grapefruit, mango and general tropical fruit tones right away with a noticeable grassiness to it…malts are mildly sweet and biscuity and play a background role…some lemon zest in there as well…a touch of musty yeast lingers after I swallow…fantastic! (4.25/5)

Mouthfeel:  Light body, light carbonation…some fluff does form bringing a bit of lemon peel bitterness to the palate…the light body is refreshing and overall, mildly bitter considering it’s an IPA…light lemony/pineapple citrus flavor with a touch of bitterness lingers in the after taste…one of the lightest mouthfeels for an IPA I’ve ever had…(3.75/5)

Overall:  This is a good brew and I wish I had more than one…the “T” in T.I.P.A. stands for Tasmanian, signaling this ale was made with 100% Australian hops…I found it while traveling through Kentucky, though it’s made in STL, and picked it up on a mix-a-six rack…this is a quintessential summertime brew with it’s super light, drinkable and refreshing nature…I’m not sure if or when I’ll be seing this again, but I highly recommend picking this up if you see it…this bottle was born in 12/12 and seeing as it’s made with Australian hops, it may be strictly a winter seasonal…even though it’s 3 months old now, I found the flavor to be fresh and zesty and well worth picking up even at this late date…if you see this floating around in your area, pick it up and enjoy…(4/5)

Score:
(4.03/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment