Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bulldog Brewing Industrial Harbor IPA

Bulldog Brewing Company   Whiting, IN

Pours a dark dense copper, almost amber color...some light khaki head formed and stayed relatively thin...I have to guess this is full of NW hops because of its color and earthy, dirty flavor...sweetish earthy malts as well, this is as close to an amber ale an IPA gets...it does have a mildly sweet smell, though this thing is woodsy/damp forest to the max...earthy bitterness remains throughout the after taste...I wish this was a bit more hops robust and less malt forward, what they have here has a cheap/basic feel...the 8.5% ABV isn't overly apparent, but does lend a bit to the flavor...the more I drink, the more I like it, but I'm not sure if I'd seek it out in the future...

Score:  (2.75/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment