Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Maumee Bay Brewing Co. I.P.A.

Maumee Bay Brewing Co.  Maumee Bay, OH

Notes:
IPA
22oz Bottle
7.0% ABV


Appearance:  Poured a nice golden orange…tons of bubbles throughout the beer with an inch thick mother-of-pearl colored head that lasted for several minutes…very inviting…(4/5)

Smell:  Mildly aromatic…Malt base with floral and citrus hops…has a classic I.P.A. scent, therefore nothing distinct that separates it from the large field that is the super hop market…(3/5)

Taste:  A fairly average I.P.A. flavor, pale malts seem to be the centerpiece flavor here that last throughout taste…floral, citrusy hops definitely counterbalancing initial malt flavor, though I’d say almost to a detriment…bitter to very bitter after a couple of sips and a few minutes…(2.5/5)

Mouthfeel:  Very basic…carbonation fluffs flavor throughout my mouth, but there really is too much there…washes down easily leaving mild hop blanket in the middle of my tongue…(2.75/5)

Overall:  This is an alright I.P.A., the flavor is good, but not distinct in any fashion…malt character goes well with citrus and floral hops creating a very drinkable beer…Would I drink this one again, yeah, but I would also take a flier on something I hadn’t tried before first…(2.75/5)

Score:

(2.87/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment