Sunday, November 18, 2012

Buffalo Bill's Alimony Ale

Buffalo Bill's Brewery  Hayward, CA
Notes:
I.P.A.
12oz Bottle
6.8% ABV


Apperance:  Copper in color and transparent…some bubble action in the middle…head that formed dissipated rather quickly, leaving a thin veil on top…(2/5)

Smell:  Not very aromatic, I really had to get my nose down in there to catch anything…definitely citrus hops, but I’m not getting too much nose action here…(1/5)

Taste:  Surprising amount of hoppy bitterness in the initial taste, seeing as there’s little hint of that in the smell…the malt and hops balance nicely creating a classic American IPA…citrus and piney hops, a sweet flavor mixed in with a malty finish…mild taste of alcohol lingers after finish…(2/5)

Mouthfeel:  Bitter carbonation sorta burns my tongue if I let it…it’s a basic IPA flavor and feel…bitter hops lingers…(2/5)

Overall:  Not too sure if I could tell this one from another…it’s good, but very non-descript…there’s no head, there’s no bubbles, it just sorta is…Eh…(1/5)

Score:

(1.67/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment