Monday, February 11, 2013

Boatswain Double I.P.A.

 Rhinelander Brewing Co.   Monroe, WI

Notes:
Double I.P.A.
22oz Bottle
8.4% ABV

This is a contract brew exclusively for Trader Joe's...

Appearance:  Pours a clear orange/caramel brown…tons of bubble action going on…some off white head formed and hung around...looks watery and average…(3/5)

Smell:  Bitter!  Smells like a cheap beer, think a skunky Old Milwaukee…grains and bitter hops…(1/5)

Taste:  Bitter!  There’s grains, bitter hops, sweet/pale malts and cardboard…it’s overly bitter, disgustingly bitter…the bitterness overpowers everything happening here and has the classic skunky, frat party cheap beer taste…GROSS! (0/5)

Mouthfeel:  Light body, medium carbonation…fluffs disgusting bitterness all over my palate…bitter after taste…(.5/5)

Overall:  This may be the single grossest beer I’ve ever had…there is an outrageous bitterness that isn’t tasty nor does it leave room for any other flavors…I can’t believe people actually bottle this and I’m more surprised people buy this…DO NOT PURCHASE this beer, save your money…I suspect burning two one dollar bills with a lighter would bring more satisfaction…seriously, this is disgusting and something I would be ashamed of…(0/5)

Score:
(.69/5)

1 comment:

  1. This was the worst IPA I have ever tasted. I am glad it was cheap!!

    ReplyDelete