Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sand Creek Pulling Boat Pale Ale

 Sand Creek Brewing Co.   Black River Falls, WI

Notes:
American Pale Ale
12oz Bottle
5.4% ABV
Brewed year round

Appearance:  Pours a golden orange color…Fairly transparent, there is some bubble action going on in the middle…thin layer of head formed, but didn’t stick around…looks rather watery…(2.75/5)

Smell:  Huge bitter aroma as soon as I popped the cap off the bottle…bitter, like skunky bitter…very bitter smell, like a Old Milwaukee or something…not something I’m used to or would generally accept as appetizing…there is some faint citrus notes, but overall, I can’t get passed how skunked this smells…I’m hoping that’s just the case here and this isn’t their normal product…(0/5)

Taste:  Skunky bready malts and crazy bitter citrus hops…(0/5)

Mouthfeel:  Light body, medium carbonation…the best part of the beer…(3/5)

Overall:  I never thought I’d actually have a “get the spoon I need to scrap my tongue” rating, but this is it…maybe it’s old and skunked, i'm not sure...but i wrote this review and subsequently poured it out for another...I’m not even sure how they classify this as an “American” pale ale…I’m not gonna sit around and watch football and drink this…if you see this on the shelf, do others a favor and “accidently” throw it on the ground…gross! (0/5)

Score:
(.99/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment